Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Promise kept.






I promised my friend, '70's and '80's super model Nancy Donahue, that I would make her a quilt back in March 2010. It took me way too long! However- i was aiming for a perfect interpretation of her infectious laughter, sunny disposition, resemblance to Doris Day, and faithful friendship.
This quilt, made from 2 packs of "jellyroll" strips from Kate Spains "Verna" (moda) line, holds hands a sunny, butter yellow print from Jennifer Paganellis Sis Boom "Poodle" line. Quite fitting, since these fabric designers are good buddies, too!
The jellyroll pieces were "braided" together- Hence, the "Friendship Braid Quilt". It is an over sized queen, which was a bear to quilt- but with lots of trimming and measuring i was able to square it up. This often happens when quilting long, narrow strips together. The pretty daisy quilting is a nod to Doris Days, "Please don't eat the daisies!" song. I hope she likes it as much as I liked making it for her. She's the one on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment